Aquasonic Ultrasound Gel is the trusted choice of healthcare professionals across Canada.
World Standard for Medical Ultrasound Transmission, Aquasonic® 100 is used for diagnostic and therapeutic medical ultrasound, this gel is recommended for all procedures where a viscous gel is required. It is acoustically correct for the broad range of frequencies used and is completely aqueous. The formula is hypoallergenic, bacteriostatic, non-sensitizing and non-irritating.
Ultrasound gel. Based on the same “can’t be copied” formula of the World Standard, Aquasonic® 100 Ultrasound Transmission Gel. For diagnostic and therapeutic medical ultrasound procedures. The easy-squeeze 250ml bottle is convenient for daily use.
- Acoustically correct for the broad range of frequencies used
- Squeeze bottle for easy use
- Aqueous, meaning it dissolves easily in water for super easy cleanup, will not stain clothing or damage transducers
- Used and recommended by leading manufacturers of medical ultrasound equipment worldwide
- The non-staining formula for worry-free use
- Hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin
- 3 x 8Oz/250ml Gel
Why we use ultrasound gel
When using ultrasound, it is very important to apply a gel, which consists mostly of water as a contact medium between the tissue (i.e. the skin) and the ultrasound head. The purpose of the gel is to convey the acoustic energy (sound waves) from the ultrasound head to the tissue without crossing through the air at any point. When applied directly to the skin, a thin layer of ultrasound gel serves as a coupling medium, or a bridge of sorts, that allows ultrasonic energy waves to travel freely between the skin and the sound head of the transducer. The strong probe of Sonoline Dopplers and the conductivity power of Parker Gel would give you the maximum clarity and comfort.